What are the requirements for Command Approval and does that mean my tuition assistance application is authorized/funded?
Command Approval is a review and approval process prior to your application going forward for Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC) authorization. Your command will verify that you:
- have been onboard one-year at the first permanent duty station or granted a waiver by the CO and OIC before using tuition assistance (TA) (NAVADMIN 190/14).
- are serving on active duty through the last day of the course.
- have passed the most recent Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) or received a waiver.
- have passed the most recent advancement exam, if applicable, and are recommended for advancement or promotion.
- have not received a non-judicial punishment (NJP) within six months or are not pending administrative separation.
- are not under instruction in initial skills training or in a duty under instruction (DUINS) training status.
TA is not funded until the NCVEC authorizes the application which will generate an authorzation voucher. An email notification will be sent after command approval and also after final authorization.