School Transfers with DoD MOU

Can Sailors take courses at an institution that has signed the DoD MOU, then transfer to a school that has NOT signed the DoD MOU, ultimately earning a degree from a non-signatory institution?

Yes. The Service member should submit a degree plan from the degree-granting institution with a letter stating they will accept the credits from the other school(s). The letter from the non-signatory school must be specific and list the exact course numbers/titles they will accept from the signatory school(s). Tuition assistance will only fund courses from schools that have signed the DoD MOU. 

related articles